In this episode we discuss some tips for overcoming homesickness.
Subscribe on iTunes or listen to this episode directly on this site. We would LOVE to have you leave us a review on iTunes.
- Keep Perspective!
- Concentrate on today.
- Parent’s, don’t coddle.
- Prepare by gradually adapting a mission schedule and doing daily planning.
- Keep and enjoy traditions, especially around the holidays.
- Forget yourself and focus on the needs of others. Work!
- Parents, friends, and family should send monthly letters in the mail. (In addition to any weekly e-mail)
- Record lessons learned, feelings, and stories in a journal.
- Don’t worry about home and remember the Mission Office can be contacted in the event of emergencies.